Culinary Corner: Citrus Salad With Fennel Vinaigrette
1/3 cup EVOO, ¼ small fennel bulb finely chopped, 1 small shallot, finely chopped, 2 Tbsp. Fresh finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed, ¼ cup white wine vinegar, 2 Tbsp. honey, Salt and Pepper to taste, 4 navel oranges, and 1 bag Mixed Greens.
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add Chopped fennel, shallot, ginger and fennel seeds and cook until tender stirring often.
3. Mix in Vinegar and honey.
4. Let cool
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. grate zest from orange, set aside.
7. Cut segments from all oranges.
8. Toss greens, fennel, oranges, and dressing and segments in a bowl.
9. Serve topped with orange zest.