On October 5, LifeSpan Network, a senior-services alliance, sponsored its third annual Taste of Senior Living. Our very own Morissa Harris, Director of Dining Services, and her team competed with their signature dish, Black and Bleu Mac and Cheese. There was amazing food, great people, and intense competition among the many chefs working in Maryland senior living communities for the coveted Silver Spoon Award. Although Kensington Park didn’t walk away with the top honor, there were some exciting moments when the judges returned for a second tasting, hinting at a possible victory. Congratulations to Chef Morissa and her team on a job well done!
- 1 lb. Pasta Shells
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Extra Sharp White Cheddar
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Chives for Garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and add flour and whisk to make roux.
- Cook for 2 minutes and slowly whisk in milk.
- Once thickened, remove pot from flame.
- Slowly whisk in cheddar and gorgonzola cheese.
- Add salt and pepper and taste.
- Add in pasta and serve immediately.
- Top with chives. Enjoy!