Spring has arrived! As I drive up the hill on Littledale Road every morning, I can’t help but notice the daffodils blooming and swaying in the breeze. The weather is warming and you’re likely to find a music therapy session taking place on one of the benches around campus. Making music as you
feel the warm sunshine, smell the flowers and hear the birds chirping is a lovely multisensory experience. We recommend you try it with your loved ones during your visit! What songs come to mind when I talk about Spring? Maybe
it’s “Blue Skies” by Ella Fitzgerald or “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles.
Need more songs for your Spring repertoire?
Here are 10 songs you can sing with your loved one this
1. Tip Toe Through the Tulips -The McGuire Sisters
2. Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles
3. April Showers – Al Jolson
4. Younger than Springtime – Rodgers & Hammerstein
5. Blue Skies – Ella Fitzgerald
6. When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin’ Along – Al Jolson
7. Singin’ in the Rain – Gene Kelly
8. My Wild Irish Rose – Chauncey Olcott
9. Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’ – Rodgers & Hammerstein
10. Sunshine on My Shoulders – John Denver
May you all have a delightful first month of Spring!