Welcome to Kensington Park, a community built on the cornerstones of outstanding independent living, assisted living, and memory care. Our commitment lies in providing residents with an unmatched level of care, comfort, and compassion as part of Our Promise to love and care for residents as we do our own family members.
As you consider becoming a part of our team, it’s necessary to familiarize yourself with our onboarding process. This step-by-step guide has been carefully crafted to ensure every new team member is well-equipped and ready to deliver their best from day one!
We stand firm in our belief that an extensive, well-structured onboarding process is the key to success.
The first day in any new job can be daunting, but at Kensington Park, we strive to ease this transition with a smooth and well-organized onboarding process. Here’s a closer look at what the first day entails:
As a new team member, you’ll complete paperwork prior to your first day. Once that’s complete, we’ll proceed to the system setup. This phase includes creating your keys, fob, and name badge, and setting up your Outlook Email account if needed. You’ll also be introduced to platforms you’ll use routinely:
- OneDrive for file storage and sharing
- SharePoint for collaborative work
- MatrixCare for resident care documentation
- ADP for payroll and HR needs
- Makeshift for workforce management
- TELS/Cisco for building management
During orientation, you’ll complete a comprehensive Safety Tour by Russell, our Director of Environmental Services.
This is a walkthrough of our campus and its safety protocols. This helps new team members become familiar with our community and understand the importance we place on safety.
Following your first day, we’ll begin the New Hire Orientation and Training program.
Over two days, we’ll equip you with all the tools, knowledge, and resources you’ll need to excel in your new role.
The new hire orientation prepares you with the foundational knowledge and skills required for your role, including an understanding of Kensington Park’s core values led by Mary, our Executive Director, as well as human resources policies led by Jennine. We’ll also cover:
- Using MatrixCare for documentation
- Behavioral Cognitive Assessment Tool (BCAT)
- Infection control protocols
- Medication administration guidelines
- Handling medical emergencies
- End-of-life care considerations
New team members receive a training schedule from their supervisor that outlines what their hands-on training looks like, team members they’ll be shadowing, and goals to accomplish by the end of the training to ensure success.
This ranges from learning about environmental services from Russell, dining from Morissa, Director of Dining Services, physical rehabilitation from Kevin, our Director of Powerback Rehabilitation Services, and life enrichment, to sales and marketing from Perri, Director of Sales & Marketing.
We’ll conclude with an eight-hour training program on Relias, a virtual healthcare education platform. Training can be done at your own pace but must be completed within your first 7 days.
This covers a broad range of topics from:
- Fire safety and fire prevention
- Emergency preparedness
- Food safety
- Basic nutrition
- Hand hygiene basics
- Privacy and confidentiality protocols for non-HIPPA
- Abuse, neglect, and exploitation prevention
- And more
Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own—and that includes our team members too.
As a member of the Kensington Park family, at 32 hours/week, you’ll receive:
- Competitive Salaries: We believe in compensating our team members fairly for their hard work and dedication.
- Health and Life Benefits: Health and life insurance options are available for employees working 32 hours per week or more.
- 401K Plan: We provide opportunities to invest in your future with our 401K plans.
- Generous Paid Time Off: We understand the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer substantial paid time off.
- Employee Assistance Program: We offer resources to help you navigate personal and professional challenges and achieve your overall well-being goals.
- Complimentary Lunches and Dinners: You’ll enjoy delicious, complimentary meals when you’re on duty.
- Professional Opportunities: Take part in ongoing training and chances for professional growth
- Be a part of something: You’ll be a part of a community where you’re treated like family
At Kensington Park, we believe in continuous learning and professional development. We offer a multitude of opportunities for our team members to enhance their skills, broaden their knowledge, and advance their careers in healthcare.
Are you eager to start a fulfilling career in a supportive and dynamic environment?
As a team member, you’ll receive opportunities for professional development, the chance to impact the lives of our residents and their families, and develop meaningful connections and relationships.
Our team members are the heart of our community. Interested in joining the Kensington Park family? Visit our careers page to learn more about our opportunities and how to get started.
We can’t wait to meet you!