Bob Levey: The Golden Era at The Washington Post.
Author Talk with Former Washington Post columnist Bob Levey
Chef Morissa’s Shrimp Gumbo
December 4, 2015
- 1 Tb Cornstarch
- 1 lb can Stewed Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Liquid hot-pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp Seasoned Salt
- ¼ tsp Dried thyme
- 8 oz Cut Okra
- 7 oz Shelled, deveined Shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- In medium saucepan blend cornstarch with some of liquid from tomatoes.
- Stir in tomatoes, Chili sauce, Worcestershire, few drops hot-pepper seasoning, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add okra and shrimp; simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice.