Chef Morissa’s One-Pot Chicken Orzo Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (uncooked)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a large stock pot add chopped onion, carrots, and celery, along with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken, broth, and dry pasta. Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken and pasta is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add in lemon juice and parsley. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 min. Cooking time: 30 min. Total time: 40 min. Serves 6-8.