Our Slice of Happy: Cookies, Cookies, and More Cookies!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
There’s nothing more satisfying than a classic chocolate chip cookie!
Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no smooth.
Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk, then the vanilla.
Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon. (The batter will be very soft and thick)
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Cover the dough and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let sit until room temperature.
Roll the dough into balls, about 3 Tablespoons of dough each.
Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and feel as if they are underbaked.
Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.