Holidays During COVID: Fall and Winter Holiday Celebrations
We understand firsthand how the holidays will be a little different this year. Caring for a loved one is never easy. Especially now, with the pandemic still upon us.
Here are a few simple tips on ways to make your holidays as safe as possible, while still spending time with those that we love:
- Stay home as much as possible. Find ways to enjoy the spirit of the season indoors.
- Whenever possible, order holiday gifts, groceries, baking supplies and decorations online.
- Do not mix households. Keep your celebrations to immediate family members and their significant others.
- Always where a mask when shopping, at a restaurant or in public – and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Get a flu shot. This is must-do.
If you decide to spend the holidays with your loved one virtually this year, here are some fun ways to still share special moments together:
- Communicate with your loved ones via zoom (Zoom is free!). Make it festive. Share a cocktail or a meal, play holiday music and dress for the occasion. While you may not all be in the same room, it will help you to get into the spirit.
- Share holiday recipes. Send cookies and baked good to your loved ones to let them know you are thinking of them. If they are close-by, drop off a meal.
- Most importantly, check in with your loved ones during the holidays. Send cards, make a phone call. Let them know they are loved and that you are thinking of them.
- And most importantly, remind your loved ones that next year, the holidays will be brighter and happier than ever!
Warm wishes to you and your loved ones this holiday season!