Chef Morissa’s Vichyssoise
- 5 cups peeled, chopped all-purpose potatoes
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks
- Use the white and 2 inches of the green
- Be sure you wash the leeks thoroughly to remove any sand
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream Chopped Chives (optional)
- In a soup pot, add the potatoes, leeks, broth, water, salt and pepper. Turn on stove to simmer, and cook for 1 hour.
- In batches, puree the soup and pour it into a large bowl. Stir in cream. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 6 to 8 servings