Kensington Holiday Book Club: Wisdom & Insight from Authors Living with Dementia
Chef Morissa’s Lemon Bar Cheesecake
May 2, 2017
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. ice cold water
- 4-8oz. packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups lemon curd
- Add flour, powdered sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse.
- Add butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg yolks and cold water.
- Add to butter mixture until dough forms.
- Shape dough into a ball, wrap with plastic and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Roll dough into a 14” round circle on floured surface and place in a 9” springform pan.
- Press to bottom and sides of pan and chill for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and eggs one at a time until combined, add vanilla.
- Pour 4 cups of batter into crust.
- Dollop 1 cup of lemon curd over batter and swirl with a knife and then top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour until set.