- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. shallots, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 beets, cooked and quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- ½ Avocado, cubed
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and rough chopped
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together vinegar, shallots, and honey and blend. Add the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the beets with vinaigrette to coat. Place beets on a baking sheet and roast until they are slightly caramelized, set aside and cool.
- Toss arugula and walnuts in a large bowl and coat with vinaigrette. Season the salad.
- Arrange with beets on a plate and sprinkle with avocado and goat cheese.